I have already explained how to uninstall a Metro/Modern app using Powershell on Windows 8, but some readers ask me how to ‘clean’ the new Windows 10 from all pre-installed Apps.
The solution is simple and fast:
- Press the “Win” key on the keyboard and type “Powershell”
- When it comes up in the search results, right click on it and choose “Run as administrator”.
- Type the following commands in the Powershell window: Get-AppXProvisionedPackage -online | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -online (to remove all Modern apps for new users) and Get-AppXPackage | Remove-AppxPackage (to remove apps from current user account)
Some apps cannot be uninstalled: Store, Edge, Windows Feedback, Settings,Contact Support, Cortana, Photos.
- Bash on Windows 10?
- How to remove all Windows Telemetry Updates?
- Windows 10: generate a battery report
- Windows 10: enable right click with two fingers tap on Synaptics touchpad
- Windows 10: how to disable Windows Update Delivery Optimization (WUDO)
- Windows 10: how to fix the 0x803F7000 error on Store