When you change domain for an existing wordpress blog, it may be difficult to upgrade permalinks and posts meta.
In this post Kevin Dees presents a quick and easy solution, with 3 SQL commands:
Warning: read the notes in the post before launching random SQL commands:
- Backup the DB first.
- Second, you will need to change the domain placeholders in this code to your own before it will work it’s magic.
- If you have any plugins installed this code may change the domins for them too. This is not guaranteed so you will need to check the DB first.
- If a plugin has added its own tables and you need to change the links it stores, you will need to run the replace on those cells as well.
- This is the most important! Be sure to change the table prefix. If you don’t this will not work when it has been modified.
- Wordpress Tips: hide a particular account from User List
- Capture network traffic on a VirtualBox VM
- Rooting and installing Xposed Framework on Vodafone Smart Prime 6 (VF-895N)
- Import a Windows physical machine into a VirtualBox virtual machine
- A huge list of cheat sheets for programmers