Why I started playing the ukulele? But it’s obvious: to play the theme of Super Mario Bros.!
One of most famous videogame soundtrack (along with Korobeiniki, the theme of “Tetris”), includes a huge number of covers and remixes.
Some info from Wikipedia:
The “Super Mario Bros. theme”, officially known as the “Ground Theme” (地上BGM Chijō BGM?, lit. “Aboveground BGM”), is a musical theme originally heard in the first stage of the Nintendo Entertainment System video game Super Mario Bros. It was one of six themes composed for Super Mario Bros. by acclaimed Mario and The Legend of Zelda series composer Koji Kondo, who found it to be the game’s most difficult track to compose
So I decided to create my own transcription of the song (with tablature and fingering) and record a short video with my very cheap ukulele.
The piece is quite simply: the fingerings (especially those relating to the right hand) are just suggestions based on my technique.
I publish also a version arranged for “Low G” tuning:
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen, Black Star Intro: my transcription
- International Guitar Research Archives: more then 1100 scores for classical guitar
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Rondò alla Turca (Turkish March) from Piano Sonata No. 11 (K 331) - My ukulele arrangement
- La Vie en rose: simple Ukulele fingerstyle arrangement
- Vangelis: Chariots of Fire - My ukulele arrangement
- Theme from 'Schindler's List' - Arranged for Ukulele