Not everyone knows that Paganini was also an excellent guitarist
He wrote more than 100 pieces for guitar, including the “Ghiribizzi” (‘whims’).
Composed for ‘a little girl in Naples’ who must have been both talented and eager to develop her technique, these whimsical works explore a wide range of musical styles idiomatic to the guitar. Many of the 43 short movements are drawed on themes by Rossini, Paisiello, Süssmayr, Mozart, Giuliani and, of course, Paganini himself.
The “Ghiribizzo no. 4” is based in fact on a theme by Paganini: the original is in A Major, my transcription is in D Major to make better use of the open strings.
As usual, in the score there are my suggestions regarding the fingering for both hands.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen, Black Star Intro: my transcription
- International Guitar Research Archives: more then 1100 scores for classical guitar
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Rondò alla Turca (Turkish March) from Piano Sonata No. 11 (K 331) - My ukulele arrangement
- La Vie en rose: simple Ukulele fingerstyle arrangement
- Vangelis: Chariots of Fire - My ukulele arrangement
- Theme from 'Schindler's List' - Arranged for Ukulele