In this “Ghiribizzo No. 17”, Paganini transcribes on the guitar a theme from his own composition, “Le streghe” (“Witches’ Dance”), Op.8, MS19.
[…] “Le Streghe” or in English, “The Witches”. The composition is for solo violin and orchestra and is based on a tune that Paganini heard in a performance of a ballet in Milan in 1813. The ballet, Le nozze di Benevento was a revision of an earlier ballet written in 1803 with music by Franz Xaver Süssmayr, a composer most well known for having finished Mozart’s Requiem. The tune announces the entrance of the witches in the ballet, hence the name given the piece by Paganini.
The original key is D major, and for this transcript on ukulele was not necessary to make transpositions.
Download the PDF tab from the link below:
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen, Black Star Intro: my transcription
- International Guitar Research Archives: more then 1100 scores for classical guitar
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Rondò alla Turca (Turkish March) from Piano Sonata No. 11 (K 331) - My ukulele arrangement
- La Vie en rose: simple Ukulele fingerstyle arrangement
- Vangelis: Chariots of Fire - My ukulele arrangement
- Theme from 'Schindler's List' - Arranged for Ukulele