Uke, I am your father!
John Towner Williams (born February 8, 1932) is an American composer, conductor, and pianist. In a career spanning over six decades, Williams has composed some of the most popular and recognizable film scores in cinematic history, including the Star Wars series.
The Imperial March is sometimes referred to simply as Darth Vader’s Theme. In the movies (except for the original Star Wars), the march is often played when Darth Vader appears. It is also played during Palpatine’s arrival on the Death Star in Return of the Jedi, though it does segue into the Emperor’s own theme as he appears.
The original was in G minor, but for a better usage of the ukulele tuning I preferred transpose in A minor.
Here my ukulele version:
Ukulele score&tablature could be downloaded clicking the link below:
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen, Black Star Intro: my transcription
- International Guitar Research Archives: more then 1100 scores for classical guitar
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Rondò alla Turca (Turkish March) from Piano Sonata No. 11 (K 331) - My ukulele arrangement
- La Vie en rose: simple Ukulele fingerstyle arrangement
- Vangelis: Chariots of Fire - My ukulele arrangement
- Theme from 'Schindler's List' - Arranged for Ukulele