John (Williams), forgive me! :-)
John Towner Williams (born February 8, 1932) is an American composer, conductor, and pianist.
I already talked about him in the post about the “Imperial March”
“When I thought of a theme for Luke and his adventures, I composed a melody that reflected the brassy, bold, masculine, and noble qualities I saw in the character”
John Williams on writing the “Main Title”
The Main Title or Overture is the most recognizable melody of the saga, the main theme is variously associated with Luke Skywalker, heroism, and adventure.
It is heard over the opening crawl at the beginning of all the films and forms the basis of the end-title as well.
The theme is most prominent in the first film in which strong brass treat it as a fanfare for Luke; throughout subsequent films, it is relied upon less frequently, though this restraint lends it a greater impact.
The original was in G, but for a better usage of the ukulele tuning I preferred transpose in F.
Here my (recorded-in-hurry-before-going-to-the-office) ukulele version:
Ukulele score&tablature could be downloaded clicking the link below:
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen, Black Star Intro: my transcription
- International Guitar Research Archives: more then 1100 scores for classical guitar
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Rondò alla Turca (Turkish March) from Piano Sonata No. 11 (K 331) - My ukulele arrangement
- La Vie en rose: simple Ukulele fingerstyle arrangement
- Vangelis: Chariots of Fire - My ukulele arrangement
- Theme from 'Schindler's List' - Arranged for Ukulele