“…un pas du pied gauche à gauche (pied gauche largy), ou en avant ou en arrière, ou encore sur les côtés,(droite ou gauche,) selon le trajet recommandé par la danse…”
François Campion (1680 - 1748) is generally regarded as the most important French Baroque guitarist after Robert de Visée.
He succeeds to Maltot as guitarist and theorbo player in the orchestra of the Royal Academy of Music in 1703
Maltot teaches him “the octave rule”, mentioned later in his “Treatise of accompaniment” (1716).
A branle is a type of French dance popular from the early 16th to the present, danced by couples in either a line or a circle.
The term also refers to the music and the characteristic step of the dance.
Unlike the guitar arrangement, my version includes full chords for a better usage of the ‘thin’ voice of ukulele
Here my ukulele version:
Ukulele score&tablature could be downloaded clicking the link below:
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen, Black Star Intro: my transcription
- International Guitar Research Archives: more then 1100 scores for classical guitar
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Rondò alla Turca (Turkish March) from Piano Sonata No. 11 (K 331) - My ukulele arrangement
- La Vie en rose: simple Ukulele fingerstyle arrangement
- Vangelis: Chariots of Fire - My ukulele arrangement
- Theme from 'Schindler's List' - Arranged for Ukulele