My #ukulele version of ‘Chariots of Fire’ main Theme by Vangelis
Evangelos Odysseas Papathanassiou (29 March 1943), known professionally as Vangelis is a Greek composer of electronic, progressive, ambient, jazz, pop rock, and orchestral music.
Having had a career in music spanning over 50 years and having composed and performed more than 52 albums, Vangelis is one of the most important proponents of electronic music.
In 1981, Vangelis wrote the score for the film Chariots of Fire, set at the 1924 Summer Olympics.
The choice of music was unorthodox as most period films featured traditional orchestral scores, whereas Vangelis’ music was modern and synthesizer-heavy.
The movie won the Academy Award for Best Picture and Vangelis won the Academy Award for Best Original Music Score.
The opening theme of the film was released as a single in 1982, topping the American Billboard chart for one week after climbing steadily for five months.
Here a video of my ukulele arrangement:
Ukulele score&tablature could be downloaded clicking the link below:
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen, Black Star Intro: my transcription
- International Guitar Research Archives: more then 1100 scores for classical guitar
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Rondò alla Turca (Turkish March) from Piano Sonata No. 11 (K 331) - My ukulele arrangement
- La Vie en rose: simple Ukulele fingerstyle arrangement
- Theme from 'Schindler's List' - Arranged for Ukulele
- Ukulele Exercises: My Daily Workout